In this stressful, uncertain time we at VLP thought it would be helpful to have a one-stop shop for any questions and concerns you may have. Whether you are a prospective volunteer or client, one of our Pro Bono attorneys, or just a curious party, we have your answers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can, from the safety and comfort of your own home!
We are remotely running all of our normal clinics in addition to offering opportunities to volunteer with Mass Legal Answers Online (MLAO) and via telephonic advice panels!
For more questions about how you can help, please email email@example.com
You can still reach out to us with all of your needs as you normally would! If you’re looking for help with a legal matter, check out our Get Help page, contact our helpline ERLI at 617-603-1700, or apply online for legal assistance here.
ERLI is open during the following times:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9AM-12PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 12:30PM-3:30PM
If you call and reach a voicemail, don’t worry! We will still respond to everyone. Just please be sure to leave your name and number so we know how to contact you.
VLP and our helpline ERLI are still open! We’ve gone remote, but we are still dedicated to ensuring access to justice for our fellow Bostonians. You can still reach out to us for legal help or to volunteer.
What Are Some Resources to Check?
Make sure the information you receive is accurate. Visit the CDC website to learn more ways to stay safe!
If you are experiencing domestic violence and need assistance, please look through this list of nationwide and statewide resources.
You can contact the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) by phone to request weekly benefits, daily 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
Daily Virtual Town Halls – Available online and by phone. Please enroll by 5:30PM the night before in order to receive a call.
You may also read through this one pager to brush up on your rights as an employee.
FoodSource Hotline: To find food resources in your community, call the FoodSource Hotline at 1-800-645-8333 (TTY: 1-800-377-1292). Open Monday-Friday 8:00am-7:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Greater Boston Food Bank Food Assistance Program locator: GBFB.org/need-food
- Catholic Charities Yawkey Center, 185 Columbia Road, Dorchester: 617-506-6600 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Catholic Charities at Somerville 270 Washington Street, Somerville : 617-625-1920 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Find your local YMCA branch for food resources: https://ymcaboston.org/branches
To ensure you get the latest updates and information regarding housing and evictions during the pandemic, make sure to check out the Housing page on MassLegalHelp.
- Main Number (617) 727-7750
- Toll Free Number (800) 243-4636
- Toll Free Elder Abuse Hotline (800) 922-2275
- Elder Abuse Hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Toll Free Connect to local elder service agency (800) 243-4636
- MassRelay Number MassRelay: 711 / (800) 439-0183 / (877) 752-2388:Voice / (800) 439-2370:TTY/ASC11
VLP’s office locations and in-person clinics are closed for the foreseeable future. We will assess our opening date once we feel it is safe to open again.
Thank you and stay well!