Who We Are
Since 1977, the Volunteer Lawyers Project has strived to give equal access to representation for the people of Greater Boston and statewide under the Landlord Advocacy Project, standing up for those from lower-income households and in need of legal aid. Our efforts are propelled by a strong team of volunteers, including attorneys, paralegals, and law students from all segments of the legal community. These vital volunteers work together with our entire dedicated staff.
To increase access to justice by delivering high quality pro bono civil legal services to eligible clients in the Greater Boston area.
- Preserve and protect meaningful access to justice for our clients.
- Prioritize our programs based on the needs of the populations we serve and the capacities of our staff.
- Promote diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity in the delivery of legal services.
- Strive to have a staff that is reflective of the community we serve.
- Foster constructive collaboration between our staff and board, and those who serve our clients. a,