Clinics & Projects
Attorneys with all levels and types of experience are encouraged to volunteer. We provide training in many areas to prepare attorneys for the types of cases they will handle. For those with limited time to give, we offer one day and short-term projects which allow attorneys to volunteer for a set amount of time on a particular day. The commitment does not extend beyond that day.
Please note: our clinics at the Edward W. Brooke Courthouse have been put on hold for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your patience! Feel free to check out our Coronavirus FAQ page to stay up to date on how VLP is operating during this time.
For Lawyer for the Day projects and court clinics, you need to be certified for Limited Assistance Representation (LAR).
- Civil Appeals Clinic
- Debt Relief/Bankruptcy Clinics
- Fair Debt Collection Lawyer for the Day
- Guardianship Care Plan Review
- Guardianship Clinics
- Housing Court Lawyer for the Day
- SERV (Settlement and Early Resolution Volunteers) in Suffolk Probate and Family Court
- Suffolk Family Law Clinic
- Wage Theft Clinic
Note: Volunteer Lawyers Project provides primary malpractice insurance for all pro bono work